But now, O Jacob{Jessica}, listen to the Lord who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have redeemed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
2 When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
3 For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:1-3

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Blesssings of Being Home

How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty! 2 My soul yearns, even faints,
 for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 3 Even
the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may
have her young-- a place near your altar, O Lord Almighty, my King and my
God. 4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.
Psalms 84:1-4 (NIV)


Jessica and Jason are home!  I am not talking about them coming home to their house in LaGrange.  A house is a building with four walls, a roof and a door; but a home is a place where people live and experience life together.  A home is a pleasant and safe place to come to at the end of the day.   Some houses are small, some are big.  Some houses are jazzed up, some need a little work.  You can live in a big spacious exquisitely decorated house, but if you have no one to love and share it with, then it's just a plain house no matter how fancy it is. Poor or rich, no children or a dozen children, it's what you put into the house that makes it a home.  It’s who you put in it!

Even before they arrived the heart and soul of many was being put into their home.  Friends from Newnan First United Methodist Church filled their empty pantry and fridge with home cooked meals, desserts (Oh my goodness that pound cake was delicious – Oh wait, that was for Jessica and Jason…I only had a small piece.), and easy to cook prepackaged meals.  The voices of their children, Savannah and Ella, and Jessica’s siblings rattled the rafters with joy at being together.   Hugs and tears where shared as once again we were able to see and embrace each other again.

People have started stopping by to offer support and love.  The Sheriff's Department of Troup County built a wheel chair ramp and planted flowers at the front entrance of the house. This gift makes it possible for Jessica to get in and out of the house. And the Sheriff and Deputy Sheriff even stopped by recently to let Jason know they were there for him (He works for the Troup County Sheriff’s office.)  Other individuals and friends brought pizza and sat around and just talked with them.  Friends have played with the girls, watched them in the swimming pool, and helped with the girls, laundry, and more.


MD Anderson and Houston are wonderful.  We are so thankful for the medical care and expertise that Jessica and Jason found there.  But, it just isn’t home.  Coming home was hard.  There were fears and concerns.  Would Jessica be well enough to stay so far away from her doctors?  Would she be able to get the right chemotherapy here?  Would she be able to keep the house clean?  How would she be able to manage and care for the girls?  How would Jason be able to keep up with all the house work and laundry (neither of which he enjoys at all!) and work full time?!?

Family and friends have been there!  Not that it is as perfectly clean or kept like Jessica would have kept it.  But, they have turned the house into a real home, a place where life is experienced, hugs and tears are shared.    Together is always better.  You have brought Jessica and Jason much comfort, encouragement and strength. 

Thank you for welcoming them HOME!!!  And please feel free to continue to visit, call, send cards and encourage them, because its together as family and friends that life makes sense.  








5 comments:

  1. You make me want to come over and I don't even know Jessica personally. Glad you are home Jess.
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A series of misdiagnosis have allowed the spread of Charles's colon Cancer which has now spread to his liver and kidneys, We abruptly found out about his cancer on may 26th 2013, it is spreading as we speak we are looking to try something called cannabis oil possibly chemo therapy.
    This is a extremely hard and sad time for us, My father is the sole provider for his wife and 4 kids, twins 12 years, son 16years and daughter 13 years, he is now no longer able to work and is not only stressing about surviving but also how he will support his family and pay for alternative life saving treatments.
    This traumatic finding of cancer is extremely sad and stressful on our family; we are trying anything we can to get Charles healthy
    We have started the Phoenix Tears/cannabis oil Treatment partnered with Chemo Therapy and a major change in diet. The Phoenix tears is crucial to saving charles's life these treatments are 80$ per day over 2400$ per month.
    Any support you can contribute to help Charles & family make it through these tough time would be so appreciated.
    Thank you for your love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Doc obodo, Thank you for your patience with me during my custom spell casting.November 4, 2013 at 3:34 AM

    Dear Doc obodo, Thank you for your patience with me during my custom spell casting.

    During the middle for February my long time on again off again girlfriend broke up with me. She had some major problems going on in her life at the time and I was receiving some of the blame for them and she just felt it would be better if we were not together. And in typical fashion she handled the break up poorly and completely ignored me as she always did during prior break ups. I also had 2 recent deaths in my family (1 happened before we broke up and the other happened about 2 months later). So I had a lot of stress going on in my life. I hired Spells from Doc Obodo @ templeofanswer@hotmail.co.uk around the middle of February; they had a money back guarantee which made me feel that they must be good at what they do. So I went into this thinking that I would have my ex back in about 4 weeks. Well as time dragged on I started to feel as if this was not going to work at all. During all of this she moved, her phone number was disconnected and I thought this was over for good. In fact I decided that I had better get used to being single again and I tried to forget about her. I started hanging out with my friends more, I even wrote to Lilly requesting my money back. Lilly told me that she felt that this would work, that I had to remain positive and she felt that things would turn around. Throughout all of this Lilly always would amazingly get back to me quickly when I would send her an e-mail, usually within a few hours of the email being sent. As I had been pretty negative about this throughout most of the last 4 weeks I decided to follow her advice and let them continue casting for me. I completely tried to put my ex out of my mind as best I could and kept myself pretty busy, something that I had not done much of since we had broken up. Memorial Day night she called me and told me that she wanted us back together, that she missed me a lot, and that I had to let her know right then and there as we were on the phone if we were going to get back together. I was shocked, each time we did get back together before it was always me that made the 1st move; never had she made the 1st move. We have seen each other almost every night since then and things are getting back to where they used to be. I have to tell you it’s still really hard to believe. She is pretty nervous talking around me sometimes since we have gotten back together and I notice that she is trying to be careful not to say or do the wrong things.you can reach Doc Obodo personal cell @ +2348155425481 if you want to talk to him

    ~Tim – Long Beach, CA, USA

    ReplyDelete

  4. Doc Obodo, Thank you again for all that you have done. I initially contact you because I thought that someone had stolen a box of keepsakes out of our garage when our house was broken into last summer. Some of the items had been found and returned but this box was still missing. It had some very valuable antiques in it as well as old family photos and heirlooms. I was devastated when we couldn’t find it. I had the Find a Lost or stolen Item money spells cast and four days later I got a call from my mom who said she had a roof leak and there were some contractors in her attic, while they were up there they had found this box. It was the only box in the attic; she never used her attic for storage so we still can’t explain it other than it was complete and total magick! I am so thankful for what you have given me and my family to remember those that have passed.ths man doc obodo is real forward your situation to he @ templeofanswer@hotmail.co.uk or cell +2348155425481

    ~ Lovingly, Rebecca, Manchester, England



    ReplyDelete