But now, O Jacob{Jessica}, listen to the Lord who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have redeemed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
2 When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
3 For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:1-3

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Emergency Room: UPDATE! We are home!

I once had a sign that hung by my front door that read, "The good thing about living in a small town; is that when you don't know what you're doing someone else does!" And so it is true, as we all know.

However, the town knowing isn't always a bad thing...I want to update everyone ("the town") who has called and text both Jason and myself in the last 24 hours and those who may not already know. We spent some time yesterday at Piedmont Newnan Hospital ER. I have felt tired and weak for over a week as well as battled "chemo mouth" which made it difficult to eat and drink. These side affects seemed normal as I HAVE started the new chemotherapy treatment as well as a new anti-seizure medication.  I simply assumed that I was to have to endure these affects until my body became adjusted to the new regimen.  Wrong!

Yesterday I was quite fatigued and thought an earache might be a culprit to some of my energy loss.   I went to my General Physician for what I thought would be an antibiotics hand out and to my surprise my blood pressure was shockingly very low. Knowing the difficulties I had experienced the past week with side affects the doctor ordered 1 liter of fluids in an attempt to raise my blood pressure and ensure I felt better.  After the fluid was received by blood pressure remained low.  My General Physician determined that I needed to address my antibiotic need (told ya!), could benefit from a mouth wash to aid in battling the chemo mouth, and finally I needed more fluids.

We made it to the Piedmont ER at about 7:00pm last night. Once again, my blood pressure remained low. I received fluids, all my levels were checked and things looked good. Except - I was severely dehydrated. I needed fluids and I needed to eat and drink more. My body is trying hard enough to fight the cancer that it is truly tired. We received last night a restart.

We made it home about 3:00am - slept till 7:00am and now I sit. My instructions have been to watch the blood pressure, don't lift a finger (opps - I'm typing!), and drink and eat A LOT.  So my friends here is how it will go from this moment on...God WILL be my strength and help - ever present; you guys WILL keep the prayers up for God hears the prayers of the faithful and we shall ask and it shall be given and I am gonna try to enjoy eating and drinking and rest, allowing my blood pressure to travel to healthy levels.

So, now we all know. And I am ever grateful to live in a small community that does know what is going on in my life AND because they do - they love, serve, pray, encourage, call and care! And for that I am ever grateful!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment