|Cancer Don't Mess With Texas!|
I honestly don't know where the phrase "Don't Mess with Texas" came from, but from everything we have read it is true! At least when it comes to cancer. For the lack of better terms Jessica's doctors say that she, quite honestly, has a strange cancer. Their initial thoughts were that she had renal cell carcinoma (kidney cancer) and while this may still be the case, the problem with this diagnosis is that historically 29 year old females don't get this kind of cancer. More test are being run on the biopsy this week before a final confirmation can made. Jessica and Jason will meet with her oncologist on Friday for possible updates or solutions
However, armed with this knowledge, we have started researching what out next steps will be Quite honestly, in my mind there is only one step for us from here, and that is to beat cancer. In order to get to that step, we as a family want to arm Jessica with every possible advantage. It is with this in mind that we have been researching for the absolute best hospital and doctors to take care of her. Currently we have set our sights on sending Jessica to MD Anderson In Houston Texas. Here are some reasons why...
- MDA is one of the largest cancer centers in the world.
- MDA focuses exclusively on cancer and have seen cases of every kind. Their doctors treat more rare cancers in a single day than most physicians see in a lifetime.
- MDA has ranked as one of the top two hospitals in cancer care every year since U.S. News & World Report began its annual “America’s Best Hospitals” survey in 1990.
- MDA has more nurses per patient than many hospitals in the country.
- MDA is world-renowned for using and developing front-line diagnostic technology. That lets physicians pinpoint each patient’s unique cancer and tailor treatment for the best possible outcome.
We have prayed about this decision and God has already sent several confirmations that MD Anderson is the absolute best place for Jessica to go for treatment. With that said there are certainly huge logistical hurdles that need to be jumped to make this happen. As a family we have already started the process, but we can use you help. As Jessica's brother, I have set a goal of $5000 by next Friday to help with Jessica and Jason's first trip to Texas. I ask that you prayerfully consider how you might also contribute to what we know will be continual and astronimical financial expenses for Jessica and her family throughout this journey.
I have set up a fundraiser at this address http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/help-to-fund-the-battle-/52452 or donations may also be made at local Charter Bank locations. I anticipate their expenses are going to continue to rise as well as Jason only has six weeks paid leave. I will update you in the future on their continuing physical, emotional, spiritual and financial needs. Please give as you are able. We greatly appreciate your loving care and support.
Additionally please stay plugged into our blog for more in the future, and as always remember us in your prayers.
Love in Christ,